Saturday, February 18, 2006

And people wonder why I laugh out loud spontaneously

I don’t know which is funnier: that I had the sudden realization that my basement laundry room would be infinitely cooler if it had the sort of industrial disintegration sound effects that you could imagine in any early Nine Inch Nails video if the audio wasn’t composed entirely of far more aggressive industrial sounds, crazy drum tracks and Trent Reznor doing things to keyboards that nature never intended, maybe with a little trippy visual disorientation like the onset of LSD; or that this thought came to me at 34 years of age and as the father of two, as I was gathering sheets from the dryer and moving a blanket into it and stuffing a big-ass king-size comforter into an energy-efficient front-loading washer. Maybe the humor is in the difference in the life I projected for myself 13 years ago and where I’ve ended up.

No comments: